THE FIVE PIVOTAL PARADIGMS
“To see what we have never seen, we must do what we have never done, or else we will continue to see what we always see. Embracing these five paradigms is the first step of a long and glorious journey.”
(Transformation, by Ed Silvoso ch. 3)
Below are Ed Silvoso’s 5 Pivitol Paradigms that have become the cornerstone of how we view our role in the Great Commission and as a church committed to bring transformation to the Greater Los Angeles Region.
- The Great Commission is about discipling nations, not just people.
I am a discipler of nations, and a model for people.
- The marketplace (the heart of the nation) has already been redeemed by Jesus and now needs to be reclaimed by His followers.
I walk and work in confidence that what I do will make an eternal difference.
- Labor is the premier expression of worship on Earth, and every believer is a minister.
I am equipped by God with unique gifts and talents designed to shine light where there has been darkness.
- Our primary call is not to build the Church but to take the Kingdom of God where the kingdom of darkness is still entrenched in order for Jesus to build His Church.
I am called to do things in a way that will bring the will of God in heaven to my earth every day.
- The premier social indicator that transformation has taken place is the elimination of systemic poverty.
I seek to dislodge systems within my sphere of influence that keep me and others poor, spiritually, relationally, materially and motivationally.